Monday, November 7, 2011

Terrible Dad


Son had been persistent with his screams and cries to get his favourite food for the moment. Vitamin C (100mg). Without Sugar. The problem was that children are only allowed one tablet each. He had eaten two of it today. It was said that having too much of Vitamin C caused kidney stones. He was quite cheeky. When I gave him a tablet, he'll asked for another one, in pretext that the other one was meant for Daddy. The moments he had two tablets in his hands, he put all of them into his mouth and happily chewing away!

It was around 2 something in the afternoon. The wind was blowing strong outside the house. Dark clouds were everywhere. I went out of the house to get the dried clothes in. And Boom! The door was shut tight with Son inside the house. Alone.. That's the greatest nightmare for I didn't have the house key with me. 

Then, the dreaded moment came. He woke up from his afternoon nap. He was sitting on the sleeping sofa with his starry eyes when he saw me standing outside. He made his usual cries. And the cries grew louder as I would normally pick him up in my arms. He walked towards the windows with drops of tears running down his cheeks. He must be surprised for not being attended to. He was touching his genital part, indicating that he was to go to pee. And out came from his mouth.. Nen nen (Milk). He wanted his feed. I asked him to get me the remote control which he promptly did. But as much as I tried to open the window panes with it but to no avail.

He was crying and crying. I asked him to turn the knob three times but he couldn't open the door. He was frustrated and cried even louder. He peed on the floor. He couldn't hold it any longer. He walked towards the room. I kept calling him, worried that he might do something dangerous. He came to the living room with a pair of shorts. He passed them to me while asking to be hugged. He took off his shorts.The incessant cry was getting unbearable. He sat on his tricycle, looking astonished with eyes asking me why was I not hugging him. He cycled around the living room, not without casting looks at me every now and then. What was Daddy doing outside?
Wife came back not long after. The day was saved. 

Stay at home parents. Remember to put a spare key in the pocket all the time.

Early November 2011, Star Garden, Kuching.

No comments:

Post a Comment